Watch The Video Below: X-Factor Style Cyber Security Challenge Dubbed Britain’s Got Computer Talent
The UK has launched an X-Factor style competition dubbed “Britain’s Got Computer Talent” in search for the next generation of top Cyber Security Experts. Called The Cyber Security Challenge is a series of national online games and competitions that aim to identify talented individuals capable of becoming part of the UK’s cyber security profession now and in the future. It consists of two initial competitions open for candidates to enter:
- QinetiQ Network Defence Competition
- SANS Institute and Sophos Security Treasure Hunt
[media id=2 width=535 height=370]
Each competition features virtual competition where participants compete online and a face to face playoff for the most successful participants in the virtual stage.
Prizes & Benefits:
- The Challenge will award more than 30 superb prizes. These will include:
- Places on the Detica Academy
- Funded or part-funded places for masters-level university security courses
- Funded security courses provided by SANS Institute.
- Memberships of trade bodies and professional associations
- Professional mentoring sessions
- Time on the CREST penetration test rig
- Delegate passes to industry conferences
- An internship at one of the UK’s premier security companies
- Prizes will be allocated based on individuals’ ambitions and the stage they are at in their career.
- The Challenge will provide participants with the opportunity to use world-class technology and facilities that would otherwise be inaccessible.
- It will also provide a way for individuals to meet with, work with, and learn from some of the UK’s most prominent organisations in cyber security, education and politics.
Those who demonstrate excellent levels of skill and talent will be exposed to potential employers who will look favourably on anyone who can perform well throughout the Challenge.
- The Challenge offers an opportunity for all participants to publicly demonstrate their cyber security skills and build their reputation with peers and potential employers as the UK’s most talented security experts.
Leave your comments below…